Wortham Insurance - A Preferred Partner of the TRA
Our goal is to provide innovative insurance solutions and excellence in client service.
Wortham has been in continuous operation since 1915 and is one of the largest privately owned property casualty and employee benefits brokers in the United States.
Leveraging years of experience with global insurance markets.
Wortham represents over 300 insurance carriers worldwide and generates over $1 billion in client premiums annually. We identify and negotiate with all potential carriers or combinations of carriers to provide the most efficient and cost-effective options for clients.
Experienced professionals across the state of Texas.
Wortham has state-wide staff of more than 500 insurance professionals and is owned by 120 individual Managing Directors.
Marketing/servicing teams for TRA members are located in Wortham offices in Houston (headquarters), Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio.
A key component of our service is the comprehensive marketing that we perform for clients.
Wortham has extensive experience in placing insurance coverages for the restaurant and food service industry.
Exclusive Program for TRA Members Includes:
- Preferential TRA Pricing
- Attractive Deductibles
Restaurant Specific Coverages Including:
- Employment Practice Liability
- Cyber/Privacy Liability
- Dedicated Loss Control and Claims Services
Wortham-TRA Programs & Relationships
The cornerstone of Wortham’s services to TRA members is the placement of insurance coverage with specific activities/service tasks including:
- Assist in the ongoing identification and analysis of risks.
- Conduct planning meetings to access current market conditions and coverage, to help establish objectives for pending renewals and suggest strategies to achieve optimal results in the context of those objectives.
- Preparation of underwriting submissions, statements of values, specifications and other data required by insurers.
- Seek competitive programs and market coverage on an unbiased basis and in the best interest of TRA members.
- Verify the accuracy and adequacy of all binders, policies, policy endorsements, invoices and other insurance related documents on a timely basis.
- Issue certificates and auto identification cards as needed.
- Review insurance provisions in contracts or lease agreements and offer recommendations where appropriate.
- Assist with audits and reconcile audit results.
Wortham Experience with Restaurant Exposures
- Gulf Coast Windstorm and Flood
Business Interruption and Extra Expense
- Off Premises Utility Disruption
- Claim handling by the marketing specialist
State of the art modeling and analytics
- Team approach involving Inland Marine and Builder’s Risk experts as necessary
- Workers’ Compensation
- General Liability
- Liquor Liability
- Auto Liability
- Umbrella Liability
UNIQUE RESTAURANT EXPOSURES
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY PRACTICE
- Food borne illness remains one of the biggest risks for the industry
- Product recall risk is continually increasing and can have devastating repercussions
- Reputational risk / Trade name restoration coverages available
- Importance of risk transfer and third party relationships
- Valet, delivery, and catering operations
Directors & Officers Liability
- Publicly Traded Companies
- Errors & Omissions including Franchisor’s E&O
- Employment Practices Liability
- Crime/Fidelity Coverage
- Kidnap/Ransom & Extortion Coverage
- Fiduciary Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Virtually every restaurant now takes credit cards, maintains information about employees, and may perform on-line activities such as banking – thus creating risk for cyber liability.
- The threat of lawsuits by individuals whose information may have been leaked or otherwise compromised is increasing.
- The costs of notification, credit monitoring, and call center set up, as well as reputational issues, can be significant.
- Low cost medical options
- Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Disability
- Voluntary Benefits – Critical Illness, Accident & Hospital Indemnity
- ACA compliance assistance
- Employee engagement and communication strategies
Wortham’s Loss Control / Safety Services Include:
- Partnering with clients to enhance existing programs and develop innovative programs to address safety and risk management issues.
- Identifying the critical workplace behavioral issues and developing systems that will improve safe activities in the workplace.
- Coordinating with carrier loss control specialists and assisting with information needs of carriers.
- The Wortham Loss Control Department maintains a library of safety training material allowing our consultants to assist clients in their employee safety education and awareness efforts.
- We are currently providing safety services for restaurants with over 100 locations.
Wortham’s Claims Services Include:
- Assist in selecting claim service providers
- Monitor insurance company or independent claims services
- Monitor questionable claims and active involvement in large claim settlements
- Resolution of coverage questions/disputes
- Assist in locating qualified defense counsel
- Claim/reserve audits as needed
- Periodic status reports with action recommendations
Risk Management Analytics
- Wortham uses its proprietary Exposure Survey to identify and keep abreast of exposures.
- Appropriate retention levels can be determined based on the appetite for risk, historical loss profile, and the market environment/pricing considerations relative to retention levels.
- We will use a variety of benchmarking sources including the most comprehensive database of risk management information, the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) annual survey.
Loss Analysis & Forecasting
Analyze exposure, project reserves, and analyze loss development utilizing loss triangles and loss development factors.
On-line Certificates of Insurance
Wortham's On-line Services Include:
- Wortham uses a web-based Certificate of Insurance coordination system, ecertsonline
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Web Portal Services Include:
Wortham uses the Worksite system which allows us to aggregate and share with clients information such as:
- Policy and claim/loss information
- Reference materials
- Contact info and calendar
- Collaborate on claims and safety issues
Contract & Certificate Review
Reviewing contractual insurance requirements:
- This is an important part of the risk management process and a Wortham service provided to all clients.
Russ Sartain, Managing Director
Austin Office: 512-532-1532
Fill out the short form below or call to receive more information about our programs.
Wortham L.L.C., General Partner
John L. Wortham & Son, L.P.
© 2017 Wortham Insurance
All rights reserved.